SIP Trunking, Business Voice, UC
Service providers delivering Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) access services to enterprise customers typically progress through three service offerings:
- SIP trunking, replacing Primary Rate Interface (PRI) and T1 lines for their customers while providing secure connectivity
- Business voice services, providing hosted Internet Protocol Private Branch Exchange (IP PBX) and/or SIP endpoints at scale
- Unified Communications (UC), going beyond voice to include instant messaging/presence, email, calendaring, video conferencing and collaboration.
Sonus access solutions lower costs for service providers by providing industry-leading scale and security and decreasing both capital and operating expenses while providing the reliability that their customers require.
SIP trunking solutions lower service provider costs by providing a scalable and certified solution, as well as securing the network.
Sonus SIP trunking solutions provide:
- Secure network access, including network topology hiding, Denial of Service (DoS) prevention, support for Transport Layer Security (TLS)/IP Security (IPSec) encryption, Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) and Network Address Translation (NAT) tunneling to and from the enterprise network
- Certified testing and SIP message manipulation to ensure interoperability with a wide range of Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM) PBX, IP PBX, and SIP endpoints
- Traffic/policy management using Per Registered End Point Call Admission Control (PE-CAC) to protect against overload conditions
- Transcoding and Dual-tone Multi-frequency (DTMF) interworking between service provider and enterprise networks
- Scalability to support millions of ports/users using purpose-built platforms, virtualized environment on commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware, or session border controller (SBC) functionality deployed in the Cloud
Business Voice Solutions
IP connectivity services are a good first step in developing a broader business VoIP services portfolio. For service providers that want to offer more value, the ability to layer on enhanced services and applications provides opportunities to differentiate themselves in the market..
When used as part of a service provider's Business Voice Solution, Sonus' SIP trunking solutions, incrementally supports:
- SIP endpoint registration management to prevent registration floods
- SIP endpoint proxy authentication and surrogate registration
- Broadsoft, Cisco (CUCM) interworking
- Support for local survivability with deployment of customer premises equipment (CPE)-based SBCs
Unified Communications (UC) Solutions
As service providers offer UC, the Sonus solutions scale to provide:
- Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC) support
- Audio and video codec transparency
- Microsoft Lync and Broadsoft UC certifications