Interconnect / Peering
Sonus products work together to provide intelligent, secure, reliable and scalable Internet Protocol (IP)-based interconnect. The core data and voice networks within most global telecommunications service providers are now predominantly IP-based. Wherever possible, service providers are adopting IP due to cost advantages, the extended service reach it provides and its proven resiliency. While IP-based communications offer many significant benefits at the interconnection point between peering partners, the use of IP comes with its own set of challenges.
At the core of the challenge is the fact that IP peering connects disparate IP networks. Service providers must overcome interoperability, security and routing challenges when connecting independent networks and still be able to reliably scale their services. Sonus’ peering solution provides industry leading security such as network topology hiding, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection, and per session encryption as well as providing reliable connectivity between Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM), Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-based and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)/Long-Term Evolution (LTE) networks. Intelligent routing policies allow Least Cost Routing (LCR), routing based on connection quality as well as routing based on over 200 parameters such as origination number/gateway, partition, holidays and codec type.
Any peering solution must be able to enable tracking and billing for any minutes traversing the network. The Sonus solution provides reliable, scalable Call Detailed Record (CDR) generation and can easily integrate into multiple billing systems.
Expect More from the Sonus Interconnect Solution:
- Complete network protection from theft of service and attack, including Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
- Feature-rich interworking across voice, video and collaboration without compromising performance or scale
- Intelligent Routing – built-in LCR, Local Number Portability (LNP) and multimedia routing
- Can be deployed on purpose-built appliances or in private/public Clouds as a virtual solution
The Sonus Interconnect solution is designed to sit at the border between carriers and provide an intelligent interconnection between partner networks. Critical to any peering environment, the solution delivers the following functions:
- Secures the network border
- Enforces Quality of Service (QoS) policies with intelligent routing – provides easy migration to an LCR and quality-based routing solution
- Transcoding media and providing codec interworking, Dual-tone Multi-frequency (DTMF) and fax interworking
- Traversing intermediate Network Address Translation (NAT) and firewalls
- Ensuring Call Detail Record (CDR) generation and storage
- Flexible deployment models in either a hardware-based appliance or virtualized environment
Advantages of the Sonus Solution:
- Interworking across Web, IP and legacy protocols–– WebRTC, IP (H.323, SIP, SIP-I, SIP-T), and TDM
- Easily integrates into existing business support systems (BSS)/operations support systems (OSS) to enable migration from existing TDM assets to IP
- Delivers scalable security – encryption and DoS protection that can scale as your interconnection points grow
- Integrated LCR, LNP options to lower costs and increase voice and video quality