VoLTE and IMS
Enriching the Mobile Voice Experience
Evolving voice services from existing 2G/3G circuit-switched networks to LTE packet-based networks can bring significant benefits for subscribers and operators. For many subscribers, Voice over LTE (VoLTE) will enable true HD voice, new video calling services, as well as faster call setup times. For operators, VoLTE can bring significant cost advantages, as well as enable reallocation of scarce spectrum toward additional data service capacity.
For mobile carriers to successfully deploy VoLTE and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), they will need a robust IMS services core, the ability to securely and intelligently route high volumes of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Diameter traffic at both the edge and core of their networks. Sonus' VoLTE and IMS solution provides true multimedia for HD voice, video and collaboration services. Additionally, Sonus' solution provides a flexible deployment model, built on a proven, scalable service provider grade mobile core, which can run on dedicated platforms or virtualized (NFV) environments.
Expect More from Sonus' Solution for VoLTE / IMS:
- Delivers seamless, uninterrupted roaming, as well as optimal media routing and call handoff procedures, to ensure fast call connection times and reduced call latency
- Provides SIP signaling control and media anchoring to ensure voice call continuity for calls that traverse LTE and 3G networks
- Enables the use of HD voice and higher quality voice codecs, including transcoding, delivering a better quality of experience (QoE) for end users when compared to over-the-top (OTT) applications/services
- Secures the network edge for user access and/or peer network interconnection with topology hiding, encryption using Internet Protocol Security (IPSec), Transport Layer Security (TLS), and Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) and intrusion protection such as from Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks
- Provides interworking, normalization, transcoding, or a relay function for signaling and media protocols to allow disparate networks to communicate
Sonus' Solution for VoLTE / IMS is Composed of:
- A Virtualized Mobile Services Core (VMC) that enables rapid deployment of next-generation voice and messaging services, including VoLTE
- Session Border Controller (SBC) for IMS edge as Proxy, Interrogating, and Emergency Call Session Control Functions (P/I/E-CSCF) as well as the Interconnection Border Control Functions (I-BCF), Emergency Access Transfer Function (EATF) and Access Transfer Control Function (ATCF)Diameter Signaling Controller (DSC) that can be deployed at both the edge and core of a mobile carrier network for Diameter Routing Agent (DRA), Diameter Edge Agent (DEA), Subscriber Location Function (SLF) and Interworking Function (IWF)
- Policy server (PSX) for centralized policy management and IMS Breakout Gateway Control Function (BGCF) for routing based on telephone numbers