Frost & Sullivan Names Sonus the 2017 North American Enterprise Session Border Controller Company of the Year
Sonus Cited for Comprehensive Security Strategy, Enterprise Session Border Controller Performance, and Overall Customer Impact
For Immediate Release: June 14, 2017
- Sonus was named the sole recipient of the 2017 North American Enterprise Session Border Controller of the Year award.
- Frost & Sullivan recognizes Sonus for its ability to meet present and future customer needs, identify disruptive technology trends, and develop a strategic approach that integrates both.
- Sonus outpaced competition with security innovation for enterprise communications networks.
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in securing cloud and real-time communications, announced today the independent analyst firm Frost & Sullivan named Sonus the 2017 North American Enterprise Session Border Controller (eSBC) Company of the Year. This prestigious award is given to organizations who demonstrate excellence in growth, innovation, and leadership and is judged by industry experts and non-industry peers.
Sonus was chosen for its ability to understand present and future customer needs, identify disruptive technology trends, and develop a comprehensive, strategic approach that integrates both. Frost & Sullivan’s findings praised several of these strengths, including the company’s:
- Comprehensive Security Strategy — Sonus is focused on real-time communications security. The company is working with leading firewall vendors to share security intelligence between SBCs and Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs). This functionality not only raises the trust level of Unified Communications (UC), but also lowers compliance risk in regulated industries, such as health care and finance. Sonus understands that integrating security intelligence across SBCs, firewalls, and other devices will be a key component of cloud security in the future.
- Right-Sized Solutions for All Customers — Some vendors have reduced the number of eSBC solutions they offer and now require customers to overprovision eSBCs to meet network requirements. Sonus not only offers numerous SBC solutions that scale from small businesses to the world’s largest service provider networks, but also continues to add to its portfolio. In fact, in 2016, Sonus brought two new eSBC products to market—the hardware-based SBC 5400 and the virtualized SBC SWe Lite.
- Ease of Use — Whether a Sonus eSBC is deployed in purpose built appliances or in cloud native software, the tools to deploy, configure, and maintain the eSBC remains consistent. This ease of use enables customers to maximize training and knowledge of working with Sonus products, even as they transition to software-only environments.
Frost & Sullivan analysts also found that Sonus outpaced its competition in both the “visionary innovation and performance” and “customer impact” categories. Based on these findings, Frost & Sullivan feels that Sonus is well positioned to help reshape the eSBC market.
“Thanks to virtualization and software-focused technologies, the way business networks are architected is going to fundamentally change," notes Michael Brandenburg, Industry Analyst at Frost & Sullivan. “Sonus Networks has a clear vision of how its solutions that supports enterprise customer needs today while also laying out a path towards a software-driven future that builds intelligence into the wide and local area networks.”
"This award recognizes Sonus’ several years of effort in leveraging the clear strengths we've had in service provider solutions to develop an industry-leading approach to the enterprise that marries our intellectual property with state-of-the-art architectures. To date, this commitment has driven our success in serving our enterprise customers, and that commitment will only increase going forward," said Kevin Riley, Sonus CTO and senior vice president, Engineering. "Sonus recognized some time ago that enterprises have varying needs for eSBCs and, as such, has focused on delivering a comprehensive offer in both hardware and software that is backed by world-class policy and analytics assets. Our strategic investments in UC and digital services security reflect our focus on driving innovation and value creation for the enterprise. We are very proud of this recognition as a testimony to our commitment to the enterprise marketplace."
- Sonus eSBC products consist of the Sonus SBC 1000, SBC 2000, SBC 5000 Series, SBC 7000, SBC SWe and SBC SWe Lite.
- To evaluate award candidates, Frost & Sullivan analysts follow a rigorous 10-step process that includes in-depth industry research, interviews with market leaders and surveys.
- The Sonus SBC Portfolio was recently named a Network Security Excellence Award winner by INTERNET TELEPHONY.
- Read the full award write up.
- Read more about Sonus SBCs.
- Find out more on how Sonus and Palo Alto Networks are improving the security of mobile networks and enterprise networks.
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Sonus’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
MathWorks estimates that through the automated provisioning and call routing features of the Sonus solution, the company has freed up more than 250 IT staff hours per week for more important projects.MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists. Founded in 1984, MathWorks employs 2800 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
The industry-leading performance and scale of Sonus' SBC 5100 allows us to maintain a competitive edge in the market while delivering exceptional customer service.Smart Tel is a major player in the Singapore telecommunications industry and aims to develop its global presence with new offices in Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, India, South Africa, the US and the UK, with cost effective, easy-to-use and scalable telephony solutions.
We wanted to work with an industry-leading SBC vendor and our market analysis indicated that Sonus was the clear choice for this partnership.(GCS) is a software company founded in 2006 by Neal Axelrad and Jay Meranchik. GCS' goal is to be the best company in the marketplace. We are privately held and have offices in New York & New Jersey USA.
Sonus made the deployment, integration and migration to Microsoft Lync easy.We are experts in identifying and delivering flexible communication solutions that scale and adapt to your business demands, empowering your business to do more, faster and with less effort and cost.