SBC SWe Lite
The Sonus Session Border Controller Software edition Lite (SBC SWe Lite) is a virtualized enterprise SBC designed for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), providing a virtual Customer Premise Equipment (vCPE) option for enterprises looking to virtualize interworking, security and survivability for Unified Communications (UC). The SBC SWe Lite allows for rapid expansion or feature activation remotely via a simple license key, eliminating the need for on-site technicians or disruption to operations during peak business hours. With support for popular virtualization environments such as Microsoft® Hyper-V®, the SBC SWe Lite can be installed quickly and easily.
Reliable security, interoperability, and performance
The Sonus SBC SWe Lite is based on a common code base with the Tolly® Certified SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 products. As such, customers can expect the same advantages when transitioning to UC or SIP trunking - an SBC that protects your voice infrastructure from Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed DOS (DDOS) attacks, maintains privacy, encrypts your calls, and interworks with a wide variety of 3rd party SIP and legacy voice infrastructure devices/services all the while providing reliable, scalable performance that ensures maximum uptime and service availability.
Simple to install, easy to configure
By leveraging the same management and provisioning interface as the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000, the SBC SWe Lite empowers enterprises to migrate from hardware to software without additional investments in new equipment. The SBC SWe Lite also provides the same intuitive GUI as the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 that was purpose built to dramatically speed configuration through the simple configuration wizard.
With a compact footprint that consumes minimal resources, the SBC SWe Lite enables enterprises to deploy a cost-effective virtual SBC solution on standard off-the-shelf servers or in virtualized environments. Enterprises with spare virtual machine resources available to host SBC functionality can significantly reduce the capital expenditures associated with deploying physical hardware on-premises in support of Skype for Business or Office 365 Cloud PBX.
- Reliable, scalable performance –performance that reliably and repeatedly scales to maximum capacity without reboots, call drops, or other system anomalies
- Uncompromised security – Complete protection from security attacks and theft of service from malformed packets, Denial of Service (DoS)/Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks and rogue Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) messages
- Ease of use – The same simple, intuitive user and provisioning interface as the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 provides a seamless path to virtualization
- Lower CAPEX - by using COTS servers to host the solutions, the SBC SWe Lite eliminates the need for multiple premise-based appliances and vendor-specific hardware
- Same code base as the Tolly Certified Sonus SBC 1000 and Tolly Certified/Miercom® Certified Secure SBC 2000
- Optimized for 100 sessions and 10 cps in a highly CPU and RAM constrained environment
- Easy-to-use Web GUI Setup Wizard for rapid provisioning and management
- Built-in media transcoding capability
- Enhanced security and encryption services to protect privacy and ensure compliance
- Call Admission Control (CAC) to deny excessive calls based on session establishment rate per trunk group
- Advanced call routing features such Active Directory integration, onboard call forking and other flexible routing options
- Built in SIP Registrar that extends site survivability to SIP clients
- Seamless integration with existing enterprise telephony infrastructure