Software Defined Networking (SDN), and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) are playing an increasing role in today’s next generation and cloud networks. To leverage the benefits of NFV, Sonus separated its field-proven Diameter software from the DSC 8000 hardware, and designed it to operate on industry standard Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) servers. This allows network operators the ability to rapidly deploy DSC features and functionalities with greater flexibility. DSC SWe has been enhanced to be cloud-optimized and is deployable in an orchestrated cloud deployment model.
- Delivering cloud-optimized DSC capabilities as a Virtual Network Function
- Proven deployment in Openstack, KVM and VMWare environments
- Proven interoperability with 3rd party service orchestration solutions
- Seamless migration from a hardware deployment model to the virtual cloud architecture
- Integrate with Sonus' cloud-optimized policy control and management solutions
- Rapidly support SS7 and Diameter capacity expansion and quickly extend interworking capabilities through microservices
- Unleash signaling performance with automated scale on demand in the Cloud
- Independently scale and manage DSC signaling, management, DRA and number portability functionality based on DSC microservices architecture to optimize resource investments.
- Launch same-day DEA interconnects with new roaming mobile partners – without a truck roll
- Complete DEA security capabilities to keep networks independent and protected from external signaling security problems.
- Delivering the same advanced Diameter router and STP functionality and high-end scale as DSC 8000 based solution used by operators around the world.
- Support for SS7 to Diameter and Cloud-based unified signaling network to ease migrations
- Field proven SS7 and Diameter interoperability based on deployment in the largest IP Exchange(IPX) carriers around the world
Same proven software code base used in DSC 8000:
- Carrier-class redundancy to ensure service continuity
- Single solution for managing legacy SS7 and Diameter signaling traffic with interworking capabilities to ease network transitions
- Flexible provisioning via graphical interface or automation-friendly REST and XML APIs
- Robust SS7 based migration tools to manage transition away from legacy elements
- Comprehensive Diameter routing capability to handle a variety of business needs and network challenges.
- On board integrated monitoring feed to provide probe-less tap to the signaling stream and capture network traces with Wireshark integration
- Enhanced security/encryption services at the Edge (DEA) to protect privacy and ensure compliance
- Fully FCAPS capable on board management or Centralized management from Sonus Insight EMS