Sonus IQ for Mobile Network Operators
Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) are in the midst of a technology transformation as fixed, cable and wireless networks converge, and at the same time 4G/Long-Term Evolution (LTE) technology promises exciting multimedia services previously only imagined. This shift enables MNOs to compete with Over-The-Top (OTT) providers creating new business models as they deliver an improved user experience with innovative new services. The Sonus IQ architecture leverages Sonus’ current product set to enable MNOs to move to a secure, intelligent, real-time communications network with the ability to provision voice, video and IP services quickly and securely.
- Well-designed policy and analytics engines can help VoLTE networks run more efficiently while still maintaining Service Level agreements (SLAs), thereby reducing capital expenditures and maximizing operating resources.
- Advanced Software Defined Networking (SDN) technologies enable MNOs to differentiate between internal best effort traffic and latency sensitive real-time communications traffic, thus improving VoLTE network utilization for voice, video and Unified Communications (UC). Building a smarter VoLTE network results in operational expense (OpEx) savings.
- Network security allows sessions to be encrypted allowing MNOs to provide differentiated services to their users
Sonus IQ is a service delivery architecture comprised of Sonus products that together form a service delivery platform for a MNO. Sonus IQ provides network security as well as real-time network resource allocation which allows MNOs to provide tiered offers. Here are a few examples:
- Sonus' VellOS® optimizes circuit utilization - mitigating unnecessary and costly overprovisioning and changing the way capacity planning is addressed
- Utilizing Sonus virtual SBCs and PSX applications, MNOs can use intelligent policy on a session by session basis depending on the real-time application (voice, video, IM) being used.
- Sonus SBCs and Diameter products provide reliable security for the network edge as well as scalability as LTE networks expand
Contact A Sonus Rep
MathWorks estimates that through the automated provisioning and call routing features of the Sonus solution, the company has freed up more than 250 IT staff hours per week for more important projects.MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists. Founded in 1984, MathWorks employs 2800 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
The industry-leading performance and scale of Sonus' SBC 5100 allows us to maintain a competitive edge in the market while delivering exceptional customer service.Smart Tel is a major player in the Singapore telecommunications industry and aims to develop its global presence with new offices in Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, India, South Africa, the US and the UK, with cost effective, easy-to-use and scalable telephony solutions.
We wanted to work with an industry-leading SBC vendor and our market analysis indicated that Sonus was the clear choice for this partnership.(GCS) is a software company founded in 2006 by Neal Axelrad and Jay Meranchik. GCS' goal is to be the best company in the marketplace. We are privately held and have offices in New York & New Jersey USA.
Sonus made the deployment, integration and migration to Microsoft Lync easy.We are experts in identifying and delivering flexible communication solutions that scale and adapt to your business demands, empowering your business to do more, faster and with less effort and cost.