Sonus offers IMS core products for both Fixed/Cable and Mobile Networks. The IMS product portfolio is fully compliant with 3GPP and TISPAN IMS specifications, and is optimized for deployment in 4G/LTE networks. It meets the needs of large, medium and small Cable MSOs, mobile operators, fixed line carriers and IPX/Interconnect providers. The Sonus product portfolio complements IMS core elements provided by infrastructure vendors.
The Sonus IMS Product Portfolio includes:
- The feature-rich Breakout Gateway Control Function (BGCF) that provides many value-added features in addition to the IMS-defined BGCF functionality
- Interconnection Border Control Function (IBCF) and Interconnection Border Gateway Function (IBGF)
- Proxy Call State Control Function (P-CSCF) functions based on the Sonus SBC
- Media Gateway Control Function (MGCF) and the Media Gateway Function (MGW) based on the Sonus Media Gateway
- Telephony Application Server (TAS)
- Signaling Gateway Function (SGW)
To provide a complete end-to-end IMS Solution for Fixed, Cable and Mobile service providers, Sonus is partnering with a selected set of IMS vendors who are leaders in their product category.
Why should you consider the Sonus IMS offerings?
- With Sonus, customers get best-of-breed products, with each product a market leader in its category.
- The BGCF product is more than a BGCF – it provides includes many value-added features not available in any other BGCF product, such as Next-Generation and SS7 Service Control Point (SCP) lookups, DNS/ENUM server overload controls and Address Reachability Service (ARS) controls.
- The IBCF/IBGF/P-CSCF offerings are based on the Sonus SBC product, the fastest growing and most reliable SBC in the market today.
- Media gateway products are based on the widely deployed and field-proven Sonus GSX product.
- Sonus IMS offerings are standards based, providing full interoperability with IMS products from other vendors. This allows customers to pick and choose best-of-breed products in each IMS product category.