As enterprises expand, they often struggle to maintain the same corporate connectedness in their newly acquired regional or branch office communications. Multivendor PBXs, costly PRI connections, disaggregated dialing plans and limited carrier provisioning all contribute to an inefficient communications infrastructure. With Sonus VoIP network solutions, enterprises can take back control of their communications with a single, flexible VoIP infrastructure.
Seamless, Integrated SIP Communication
The Sonus Branch Office/Multi-PBX Integration solution provides a seamless, integrated VoIP environment that enables multiple devices and signaling protocols to co-exist and communicate together: e.g., SIP PBXs, H.323 PBXs and even TDM PBXs. Our solution offers centralized policy and routing management for simplified dial plans, centralized billing and streamlined subscriber provisioning. With robust support for H.323 and SIP, the Sonus architecture represents a flexible migration platform from which enterprises can phase in more efficient IP-based services and network elements over time while leveraging their existing hardware investments.
The Sonus Branch Office/Multi-PBX Integration solution delivers quick ROI:
- Immediate interworking of H.323 and SIP networks
- Centralized dial plans: no need to change dial plans and routing on every PBX in the network
- Centralized policy: one place to set time of day, least cost routing and other policy-based options
- Centralized SIP trunking: reduce monthly charges and improve disaster recovery with centralized, data center-based SIP trunking
- Elimination of long-distance charges for on-net calls between branches and customers using tail end hop off (TEHO)
- Centralized billing: one system that can analyze all billing call detail records (CDR)