The Sonus SGX 4000 Universal Signaling Gateway helps to create a powerful bridge between SS7/C7 and SIP core networks, enabling service providers to migrate to an IP architecture while preserving legacy network services and policies. The SGX 4000 gateway forms an integral part of the Sonus Next-Generation Network (NGN) core architecture, delivering a host of benefits to service providers including reduced costs, simpler network management and consistent service delivery to a broader constituency of TDM and VoIP subscribers.
The SGX Universal Signaling Gateway provides an advanced bridge to legacy SS7 networks:
- Enables SS7/C7 and SIGTRAN signaling messages to communicate with SIP core networks
- Supports consistent policy enforcement on SIP core networks
- Presents a non-disruptive NGN migration path that enables IP networks to access legacy and Intelligent Network/Advanced Intelligent Network (IN/AIN) services
- Consolidates SS7/C7 links and supports multiple Originating Point Codes (OPCs) and Subsystem Numbers (SSNs) to reduce operator costs and increase network efficiency
- Provides a future-ready solution that is scalable, reliable, easy to manage and IMS compliant