The Sonus SBC 2000 Session Border Controller and Microsoft Qualified Survivable Branch Appliance
Sonus now brings session border controller (SBC) SIP communication capability to the enterprise branch and medium to large businesses. To further address deployment needs Sonus has also enabled branch survivability, Microsoft Lync primary / back-up server, and integrated analog ports all within the single Sonus SBC 2000 compact appliance.
- Full SBC SIP security, demarcation, policy, and interworking functionality (including media interworking)
- Microsoft® Lync™ enhanced gateway/SBA (Survivable Branch Appliance) services for small to mid-size offices
- Alternate SIP trunk(s) and/or TDM gateway for assured continuation of services
- Analog ports for fax and low cost phones
Miercom Performance Verified and Miercom Certified Secure Laboratory testing provided validation of the Sonus SBC 2000 Session Border Controller.
SBC offers optimized SIP Trunking
With an integrated enterprise SBC (Session Border Controller), the Sonus SBC 2000 offers enterprise branch and small and medium businesses optimized SIP Trunking services for Internet Telephony Service Provider ( ITSP) connectivity.
- Complete enterprise/ ITSP demarcation point services, such as network topology hiding, transcoding, IP transport conversion (TCP <-> UDP),and signaling/media encryption (TCP<->TLS/RTP <->SRTP)
- Multi-ITSP registration, with optimized routing, including cost or service quality / availability
- Built-in Network Address Translation (NAT), prevention Denial of Service (DOS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks
- Call Admission Control (CAC) for quality of service and security
Branch Office Connectivity and Survivability for Microsoft Lync Server 2010
The Sonus SBC 2000 Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA) provides basic voice services to branch office users during a WAN outage. During a WAN outage, the SBA appliance manages the intra-branch voice calls and IM sessions as well as inter-branch communications and voice mail retrieval over PSTN. The SBC 2000 Benefits:
- Multiservice Router and VoIP gateway with Branch office Survivability
- Session Border Controller with NAT function, Network topology hiding, and Security
- Continued branch office operations through WAN failure
- Also configurable as a stand-alone office primary Lync server
Highly flexible connections for SIP, legacy PBX, analog, and PSTN
The Sonus SBC 2000 offers true “any-to-any” signaling translation and media interworking between SIP, analog, and TDM endpoints. The Sonus SBC 2000 can simultaneously connect to legacy TDM PBXs and the PSTN. In addition, FXS ports are available for low cost analog phones and fax.
- Up to 16 T1/E1 PRI ports
- UP to 48 FXS
In parallel, the Sonus SBC 2000 also interconnects IP-based endpoints (i.e. IP-PBXs, non-Lync SIP clients) and public VoIP networks (e.g. ITSPs) to the Lync clients. And, with Sonus optional SmartSIP application, there’s no need to replace your legacy non-Lync SIP clients; the Sonus SBC 1000 can report non-Lync SIP client user states (e.g. presence, user busy, etc.) to Lync clients.
Architecture and Modularity
The Sonus SBC 2000 can scale to up to 2000 users and 600 simultaneous sessions.
The Sonus SBC 2000 provides interoperability with the Sonus VX Series Voice Exchange and Quintum media gateway products while supporting the transparent “drop-in” installation methodology for the upstream deployment model that was pioneered by Sonus. Sonus platforms are specifically designed to support upstream deployments with advanced features that give customers the highest levels of flexibility, scalability, quality of experience (QoE) and investment protection.
The Sonus SBC 2000 offers powerful quality of experience features, industry leading voice quality, intelligent call routing, call forking, and comprehensive PBX interoperability. Directory-based call routing is built directly into the SBC platform. The SBC also features a multi-mode user interface that provides configuration and real-time management of SBC nodes. The web-based user interface is designed to simplify and accelerate installation using a “task” configuration mode.